Your Choice for Siding Installation in Long Lake, MN
When your home starts to look old and worn on the outside, it could mean that it’s time to update your siding. Your siding does a lot for your home. It protects your home from the elements, contributes to your home’s energy efficiency, and plays a major role in your home’s curb appeal. MN Contractor Pros offers new siding installation for homeowners in Long Lake, MN, and the rest of the Twin Cities metro area.
Signs Your Home Needs New Siding
How do you know when it’s time to get new siding? Siding lasts a long time, but even the best siding will wear down eventually. Here are five telltale signs that your home might need new siding:
- Visible rot – If you can see signs of rot, that means your siding may no longer be protecting your home. Moisture can get through and begin to damage the walls of your home.
- Rising energy bills – If your energy bills are trending upwards, you may want to check out your siding. There are other possible culprits for this, like old windows or poor insulation, but if you feel drafts by walls and windows, it could be your siding.
- Cracks and gaps – When older siding begins to crack or pull away from the wall, it’s time to replace it with new siding installation. It can’t properly protect your home with weak spots like these.
- Mold or mildew – Mold and mildew are unwelcome visitors in any home. If you’re finding spots on your interior walls, take a close look at that same area on the outside of your home. If you find a gap in your siding, that’s a sign that it’s wearing out, and there could be other similar spots.
- Bubbling or blistering – Older vinyl siding can start to form bubbles or blisters as it ages. The bad news is that you’ll need to replace it. The good news is that today’s siding materials, including vinyl, are made much better than the siding of a few decades ago.
Take a close look at your home. If you think you may need a new siding installation, consider MN Contractor Pros. We offer various siding options, including James Hardie fiber cement siding, vinyl siding, and cultured stone siding.
Contact MN Contractor Pros to learn more and to get your free consultation and quote for siding installation on your Long Lake, MN, home.