Wood siding attracts problems such as moisture retention, wood rot, pest infestation—including termites—and dreaded woodpecker damage. At MN Contractor Pros, we understand the frustration faulty siding can bring homeowners, and that’s why we’ve helped hundreds of homeowners in the Twin Cities Metro area transform their home with durable, beautiful siding.
As a James Hardie siding contractor, we install siding to the manufacturer’s specifications, assuring homeowners enjoy enduring performance from their new siding. The beautiful woodgrain texture it emulates gives an attractive look to your home exterior without the hassles involved with wood siding—including the need to repair it due to woodpecker damage.
Don’t risk siding damage from unwanted woodpeckers!
Woodpeckers damage some siding materials such as:
- Cedar Shake siding—Woodpecker damage is probable with cedar shake and cedar shingles. Cedar shake siding is highly targeted when it comes to woodpecker destruction which comes from their drumming, nesting, and insect foraging.
- Tongue and Groove Cedar siding—The possibility of small, medium, or large holes can occur with this siding because woodpeckers are drawn to its seams.
- Wood siding—Wood offers woodpeckers everything they desire to nest, store food, attract a mate, and forage insects. Woodpeckers damage various types of wood siding and create unwanted damage such as:
- Large holes—Woodpeckers make themselves at home by creating large holes to drum, roost, and nest in wood siding.
- Small holes—Small holes occur in siding when woodpeckers look for insects.
- Multiple small holes—Fascia board damage comes in the form of multiple small holes from woodpecker drumming.
Good News! James Hardie Siding Is Woodpecker Resistant!
James Hardie® Fiber Cement Siding—America’s favorite siding option—resists woodpecker damage. So rest assured, you can avoid the hassle of beat-up siding due to unwanted woodpecker damage.
James Hardie fiber cement siding resists woodpecker damage because of its makeup. Fiber cement siding is woodpecker resistant due to its amazing composition of:
Its toughness offers nothing woodpeckers desire when looking for a place to drum, nest, or forage insects. James Hardie siding resists what woodpeckers are looking for, such as:
- A place for food storage—James Hardie siding is too hard to peck a hole in, so woodpeckers are unable to store their food in it and are unable to find insects inside it.
- A location for nesting purposes—Fiber cement is so strong, woodpeckers are unable to create a large hole for nesting purposes.
- A place to conduct breeding rituals—When James Hardie siding is the protective layer on your home exterior, the typical drumming woodpeckers do on wood siding—to create loud noises, small holes, and attract a mate—doesn’t occur. So, with James Hardie siding, your home exterior will be woodpecker resistant, and you can enjoy peace and quiet without the hassle of damage or the unwanted sound of woodpecker drumming.
Don’t risk your home exterior to destructive woodpecker damage
Siding is vulnerable to woodpeckers, nature’s elements, and pests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When it’s time to reside your home, choose replacement siding like James Hardie siding that resists unwanted woodpeckers and intrusive insects.
Why James Hardie Siding Is the #1 Siding Choice in America
1. Lives up to its reputation for durability
James Hardie fiber cement siding delivers when it comes to durability. Since weather tests the durability of siding year-round, robustness is essential in a siding choice. Your siding, along with proper installation, helps James Hardie siding hold up during extreme weather. It resists deterioration due to hail, moisture damage, rotting, warping, and the abrupt change of seasons.
2. Resists woodpecker damage
Avoid the trouble of woodpecker damage or pest infestation with proven James Hardie siding. Unlike vulnerable siding materials like wood, James Hardie fiber cement siding is engineered to be unappealing to woodpeckers and pests such as termites.
3. Requires minimal maintenance
James Hardie’s ColorPlus® Technology offers baked-on color that keeps your siding looking great with color that resists fading. And ColorPlus® Technology lasts, so there’s no need to repaint.
4. Offers beautiful styles
The variety of style options gives you customized styles from which to choose to match your home’s architectural style and your distinct preferences.
5. Doesn’t contribute to fueling a fire
Unlike other siding materials such as wood or vinyl, James Hardie siding is resistant to flames and damaging heat. Homeowners often receive insurance discounts due to its non-combustible makeup.
6. Ready for your specific climate
James Hardie products are made to meet the needs that particular climates demand. Climate has a long-term effect on siding, so James Hardie created the HardieZone® system, which ensures you get the optimal product for your Twin Cities climate extremes.
7. Creates increased curb appeal
James Hardie siding will beautify your home exterior with eye-catching curb appeal.
An Exterior Remodeling Contractor You Can Trust
MN Contractor Pros understands that as a confident homeowner, you need a beautiful home that lasts. Homeowners can get frustrated when problems arise such as failing siding, moisture damage, wood rot, or pest infestation. And the low standards of some contractors can be concerning. That’s why MN Contractor Pros has helped hundreds of homeowners in the Twin Cities metro area transform their home into a beautiful, functional space with high-performing siding.
Get the answers to your exterior and interior remodeling needs.
You’ll receive a customized plan for your specific needs.
We simplify the remodeling process for busy homeowners
- Choose your design—A home specialist will help guide you toward the best materials.
- We build it—We communicate with you as we implement the remodeling plan, keeping you informed from start to finish.
- Love your home again—Enjoy coming home to the look you love.